Saturday, February 16, 2008

My So-Called Life

I am not kidding you, the YMCA is all about the immunization thing. 

When I went to register, it was the first thing the lady behind the counter said to me, "Do you have your immunization record?" (Oh, I've got it alright, no problem there, my friend.) And I noticed that they added a sticker to each and every camp brochure stating, "Don't Forget!! Immunization Record Is Required To Register!" Seriously, what is going on over there? I don't recall reading about a Tuberculosis outbreak at the YMCA summer camps? 

But the funny thing is (and by funny I do not mean funny ha-ha) the funny thing is - I left without signing him up for the camp. Yup. After all that running around, turns out the football camp is in the afternoon and not in the morning. Football in August. In the afternoon. In North Carolina. That translates into child abuse if you ask me. I can barely walk to my car in the afternoon, in August, in Charlotte, so I certainly don't expect my peanut of a son to play football in those temps. I mean I would, it's just that I'm not sure if he's been vaccinated against passing out due to extreme heat. But I can check my immunization record to be sure. Because I have three of them now. On file. At home. 

So I'm on a mission to find another camp and I have my best ladies on it....stay tuned. 

You know, some people claim that they can't watch American Idol because it takes up two nights of TV watching and that's too much. But I find if I don't have American Idol to blog about, then I am forced to share with you the riveting aspects of my so-called life. So, in a way I feel that Fox is letting you, my blog readers, down by not airing it every night. Until they do, you'll have to read this mundane crap. To quote my mother, "That's what you get." 

No comments: