Monday, February 18, 2008

President of the Clean Plate Club

I've gotten a few e-mails from friends who have graciously offered to take the extra Girl Scout cookies off my hands. 

(Granted, they didn't leave a comment on the blog because that would require admitting to an audience that they actually like Girl Scout Cookies.)

But, the truth of the matter is...my kids already came up with a plan to dispose of the cookies. The other day when we first broke into the cookies, Beck declared that he hated them. He couldn't even finish the one cookie he sampled. (Which is foreign to me). Maddie, whose diet consists solely of peanut butter, yogart and pretzels, declared that she would take care of the peanut butter ones. And together they decided that the others would be consumed by Granny when she comes to visit. Because, as Beck put it, "Granny and Pop Pop love everything." 

I didn't include this tidbit in my blog this morning out of respect for my parents who truly are the President and Vice President of the Clean Plate Club. But after the e-mails I started receiving concerning what to do with the cookies, I thought it best to add this addendum to the cookie blog. 

My parents have taught me a lot of things and I am truly grateful for all that they've done for me. But I do think that enticing me to become a Member of the Clean Plate Club in my early years was not their best advice. I have been a card carrying member since my chubby teenage years and I'm not proud to admit that I am now a Lifer...



7 comments:

Guiding Light said...

Yes, the Idol guy does look like Tim Daly! I meant to say that the other day but couldn't figure out how to comment. LOVE Tim Daly, always have. Don't watch idol but now the look-alike's got my vote. What happened to Private Practice? Did they cancel??

Idol Fan said...

What do you mean you don't watch Idol? Private Practice pales in comparison....

Guiding Light said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Guiding Light said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Guiding Light said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Guiding Light said...

PP is utterly ridiculous. But such good eye candy. And they had Tim Daly. I follow him from Wings to Sopranos to wherever he may go next. Remember that short-lived show a while back where he and his wife played 60s hippie students in flashbacks and an 80s suburban couple in real time? What the heck was the name of that very under-rated show? A box of Girl Scout cookies to anyone who can help me remember...

Anonymous said...

What's with all the deleted comments? I think you need to do a post on that mystery.

btw..Girls Scout cookies are as good as ever, like everything else, we are getting harder to please. Heck, they had to bring in idol contestants with previous recording contracts, just to keep it interesting...