Wednesday, December 24, 2008


And so this is Christmas. 

In a few short hours we'll get together with neighbors and line the streets with decorative luminaries. We'll light them tonight and the whole neighborhood will take on a magical look and feel. 

After that, I still have one more killer workout to do at the Y with my Y-friends and then I'll be ready to thoroughly enjoy tonight's meal and every single cookie that comes my way. I've got a few finishing touches left to do around the kitchen and some silverware to polish. There are one or two more gifts that have to be delivered to friends and neighbors. I'm sure there is one more load of laundry calling my name (although I'm trying desperately to ignore it). But that's it...once those chores are done...I'm going to get dressed in all my finery and pour myself some eggnog. 

Before I know it, Santa will be heading down my street on the neighborhood fire truck throwing candy and ho-ho-ho's as neighbors come out of their warm homes to greet one another (and gather up the treats). I'm looking forward to it. It's the most wonderful time of the year. And I plan on enjoying every minute of it. 

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

No comments: