Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bring on 2009!


I'm home! Just in time to ring in the New Year. I checked out of the hospital at 11:00 am yesterday, as it was not the place for me. The doctors and nurses were perfectly lovely, but there is no rest for the weary in a hospital bed and I couldn't wait to get home and sleep without interruption. 

All went well and I am happy to report that I am rid of my diseased uterus once and for all. The doctor said that it was abnormally large so you'd think my stomach would be abnormally flat, but, funny, how that is so not the case (not funny ha-ha). 

I am ready to say good-bye to 2008. Despite the lay off and the rotten uterus, 2008 was a great year. My family and I have great friends and a fabulous family and many, many blessings...how could it be anything but a good year? 

But that's not going to stop me from hoping for an even better one in 2009. First and foremost, I am wishing for a healthy 2009. One night in the hospital is a good reminder that if you have your health...you've got just about everything. 

And as long as I'm making wishes, a dream job for my husband tops this year's wish list. I know wherever he lands, his future employer will gain a tremendous asset, I just hope that he enjoys the job as much as they will enjoy him. And I certainly wouldn't turn down a job of my own, should one come my way. In fact, I think I'll just wish for a healthy economy and that will cover all of my friends and family who are looking for jobs. 

I'm not sure how I got on a wish list kick? A new year is about resolutions, not wishes. You can wish somebody a Happy New Year, but I don't think you can make a new year wish, can you? Hmm. Ok, well, let's talk resolutions. I could tell you that I'm going to lose weight, but that would be a lie. Same for the quit drinking resolution - it will never happen. Quit smoking is a good one, but I never have, nor will I ever, so that is kind of a lame one. Same with get organized...I could not be more organized. And I could vow to be a better person or volunteer more...but that's so trite. I'll let somebody else take that one. 

I think I'll vow to learn something new. Perhaps I'll learn to speak Spanish? And with that...I am off to take a pain pill and a nap. (how do you say that in Spanish?)

Prospero Ano Nuevo!

No comments: