Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Gift


Yesterday was my birthday, and in keeping with the philosophy of putting my head in the sand, my BFF kept up the tradition of presenting me with a subscription to People Magazine. I believe it's the 5th year receiving the gift and I'm happy to report that it remains my all-time favorite. It never grows old (unlike me). 

My head has officially entered hibernation. I'm ready to hunker down with a stack of mindless magazines and a glass of eggnog. I will not reemerge until early January. Hopefully, by that time the stock market will be ready to do some serious climbing and Oprah will have slimfasted her way back to her fighting weight. 

My husband also gave me a great birthday gift. (no, he did not find a job.) He made me a beautiful card and wrote a sweet poem: Roses are red, Violets are blog, I'll get you a gift, When I get a job. And I thought I was the one in the family with all the talent? Wrong, again. 

No comments: