I thought it would be a lot better once we got to Hollywood, but it really isn't any better. At all. It's just a whole lot more of the same. Today is February 3rd...America doesn't start voting until February 17th. And the Top 12 Finalists perform for the first time on Tuesday, March 10th. March 10th?? That seems like an eternity.
I can only rant and rave so much before sounding like a broken record.
So I'm going with bullet points: short and sweet.
- Can you say drama? Cause that's the name of the game...drama. Say it.
- Idol Boot Camp complete with stylists, hairdressers and vocal coaches. Beautiful addition.
- Barry Manilow: His contribution to Idol Boot Camp was to offer this bit of advice...."make it your own". Really? Rrrreally, Barry? That's the best you can do? Huh. Cause it seems to me that I've heard that one before. Not sure where...
- If there is any justice in the world, then the sore-loser contestants who storm off the stage shouting obscenities at the judges will be mocked and ridiculed by their friends, colleagues, family and neighbors for the rest of the season. And well into Season 9.
- Favorite quote of the night: When Simon referred to one of the performances as "indulgent nonsense". Love.
- Song choice. I cannot believe that it's Season 8 and there are still some who haven't grasped the fact that it's all about song choice. I especially love when pathetic Idol wannabees cry and whine and carry on while defending their song choice because it "meant something" to them. Meant something to them. As in..."it was the song that kept me connected to humanity when I was homeless and living on the streets." Note to contestants: you are no longer singing for YOU, you are singing for an audience. Losers sing for themselves, winners sing for an audience. Do you want to lose or do you want to win? Your choice.
- Despite the fact that Simon is quick to point out that this is a singing competition...some contestants are chosen for their singing ability, some contestants are chosen for their personality, and some contestants are chosen for their bikini body. End of story.
That was TWO blog entries in one day. Two. I am going to step away from the keyboard and curl up with a good book....