Monday, March 9, 2009

Whining About My Cold...


Do you think it's possible to cough up a lung? I don't. Because if it were possible, I would have done so today. What about coughing your brains out - do you think that's possible? My head is pounding so badly right now, that it almost sounds tempting. What about falling apart? Do you think people can actually fall apart? Is it possible that my tongue might shoot across the room as a result of the force of my next cough? Stay tuned.

I am sick of hacking, barking and rattling. I feel like I've smoked a pack of cigarettes and my throat is beyond raw. Luckily, I fancy myself a doctor and know that this too shall pass. In the meantime, I am eating Mucinex D like it were candy. Why is it that coughs are always worse at night? To hell with the mucus globule lodged in my chest, I am taking an Ambien and will deal with coughing up the fur ball in the morning.

Wish me luck....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did not heed my advice from yesterday. Get yourself to a real doctor. One who can proscribe antibiotics, just in case you may need real medicine. Hope you feel better soon!