Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Matt is Saved


I can't decide if I'm happy that Matt was saved or sad that Lil wasn't sent packing. I guess I'll accentuate the positive and be happy that Matt was saved. But I'll be happier next week when Lil and Anoop leave together....

My observations:
  • Paula has the girls front and center tonight. Not a good look, Paula. At all.
  • Anoop almost wipes out during the Maniac number.
  • Adam's hair looks less asymmetrical. I think he's trying to blend in tonight.
  • Zac Efron's new movie sounds original. Not. Haven't we seen that plot before in "Peggy Sue Got Married", "Big", "Freaky Friday" and "13 going on 30" just to name a few? Hopefully Zac and his cool hat can pull it off...again. Regardless, Allison got to ride in a limo to the premiere. And it was totally awesome.
  • Jennifer Hudson looks like a GIANT next to ryan.
  • Anoop is pissed about being in the bottom 3. So what else is new?
  • Loved when Simon said, "Um, Kris, we didn't get to talk last night: you were brilliant."
  • Lil's turn to defend herself. And...I have no idea what she is trying to say. She makes Paula sound eloquent. Zip it, Lil.
  • Danny's in the spotlight. Is he in the bottom 3 or isn't he? Randy jumps in with, "Um, Danny, we didn't get to talk last night: you did your thing, dog, you worked it out." Whatever, Randy. Stop copying everything Simon does. If you feel the need to imitate him, how about going with his sweater choice.
  • Hannah Montana time. Have I mentioned how much I dislike Hannah?
  • Ryan introduces her as "Dominating the entire entertainment industry." Really? I bet she wrote that line herself as nobody is a bigger fan of Hannah Montana's than Miley Cyrus.
  • I would love to hear Simon critique Hannah's performance. Her nasally twang drives me crazy. I thought it was pitchy and indulgent and I don't think she would have made the Top 36.
  • So Matt learns he's the bottom vote getter. He's singing his heart out while Paula and Kara are dancing and carrying on like jackasses and Randy is literally running over to Simon (as Simon would never go to him). In the end...Matt is saved.
  • The audience goes nuts as the contestants embrace Matt. Hopefully this will give him a much needed ego boost and he'll stay out of the bottom 3 next week....
And next week is disco week...wanna bet Lil sings Donna Summer? Perhaps "The Last Dance". Which would be quite apropos....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris is my favorite and would love for him to win. No matter how talented Matt appears to be, I think he always sounds the same and I am distracted by the mole in the very center of his forehead! Adam is too much drama for pop music! He will do just fine without winning the prize. Danny will be fine with Christain rock in the heartland. Kris is the best bet.