Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just for the Record....

Just for the record, I abhor Us Magazine.  Always have, always will.

They play partisan (and dirty) politics. For those of you living under a rock, women across America were outraged at lie-filled attacks on Sarah Palin ordered by the pro-Obama publisher of Us Weekly Magazine. The September 2nd issue of the magazine featured attacks and smears against Sarah Palin, exploiting her Down's Syndrome child to sell magazines. How dare they paint an unflattering picture of our next vice president? The cover had a picture of Ms. Palin and her new baby with the headline, "Babies, Lies and Scandal". Instead of doing their own reporting interviewing the Palin family, Us relied on the lies and distortions of ultra-left wing bloggers and partisan sources. Typical. As if bloggers have any idea what they are talking about?

Of course, one would expect nothing less from a magazine like Us which is owned by Jann Wenner; a big supporter and contributor to Barack Obama. Did you see the June 19th issue? A very non-critical profile of Barack and Michelle Obama. Typical. The magazine reported that Michelle shops at Target. Well of course she does; Wal-Mart is too good for the likes of Michelle. Elitist.

No folks, I never subscribed to Us Weekly and I never will. My heart belongs to People Magazine. It's my bible. Some quote scripture, I quote People. And I believe everything that they publish. Every. Little. Thing. It's where I go for all my in depth political coverage as well as current events around the globe. Who needs Time's Person of the Year when I can devour People's Sexiest Man Alive?

No comments: